I have been experimenting a bit with different kinds of soup recipes and this ended up being the result of the day! I love Asian soups, but I am always so confused how they make it taste so delicious. They have some secret ingredients they use 👀🍜 Anyways gonna give you guys the recipes for the dumplings and the soup.
Recipe (serves 2-3)
Prep time: 1 hour
Dumplings (makes 30-35):
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 spring onions
- Sesame oil to fry
- 30-35 wonton dough sheets
- Fry the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil.
- Then add the finely chopped chinese cabbage, shiitake and spring onions.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Add the soy sauce midway.
- Fill the wontons with the filling and place in the freezer.
- When you want to eat them, cook them in boiling water for 6 min.
Red Curry Soup
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons curry paste or powder
- 1 cup vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 5 mini corns
- For topping: Red onion, cilantro, lime juice, spring onion
- First, fry the ginger and garlic in some sesame oil.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, pour the bouillon and coconut milk and add the mushrooms and corn. Lower the heat and let the broth simmer until the mushrooms and corn are ready (around 20 mins).
- Divide your soup into 2 bowls and add the cooked dumplings. You can also choose to add rice noodles.
- Top with some red onion, cilantro, lime juice and spring onion if desired!