Recipe (serves 2)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Peanut satay sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (almond butter/ tahini would also be nice)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped (optional but makes it spicier)
- 3-4 tablespoons oat/coconut/almond/soy milk
- 200 grams glass noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 medium red cabbage
- 1/2 cucumber
- 200 grams smoked tofu
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- First, start thinly cutting your carrots, red cabbage and cucumber. Chop the smoked tofu in cubes and slice the avocado. Set aside.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, miso, milk, lime juice, sriracha and finely chopped garlic.
- Soak the glass noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Then proceed to add the vegetables, noodles, tofu and cilantro in a bowl and mix. Drizzle the satay sauce on top and mix well.
- Divide into 2 bowls and top with avocado, more cilantro and the sesame seeds.
I would love to see your recreations. Tag me @nourishingfoods to get featured! And I'd love if you leave a comment down below if you liked it.