These vegan protein bars are made without any protein powder but are high in protein because of the chickpeas, peanut butter and pumpkin seeds. 100% naturally sweetened, low in sugar, higher in protein and ofcourse 100% delicious😙👌🏼
Recipe (serves 8)
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 150 ml dairy free milk
- 3 tablespoons syrup (I used rice malt syrup)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 chopped figs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bar vegan dark chocolate
- First, blend the oats into a flour. Set aside in a bowl.
- Next, blend the chickpeas, peanut butter, syrup, milk, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon until smooth.
- Mix this with the oat flour. Fold in the pumpkin seeds, 1/4 of the chocolate (chopped), and chopped figs.
- Press into brownie pan and refrigerate.
- In the meanwhile, melt the chocolate au bain marie.
- Pour the chocolate on top and place back into the freezer so that the chocolate can harden.
- Cut into 8 slices.
If you make this recipe tag me @nourishingfoods to get featured. I would love to know what you think; leave a comment down below.