Carrot cake must be one of my favourite desserts. I love the unbaked version even more than the original because you can really taste the juicy sweet carrots and raisins.
Recipe (serves 8)
For the cake:
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 1/4 cup walnuts
- 8 medjool dates
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all spice (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- First, blend 1.5 carrot, 1 cup walnuts, the medjool dates, 1/3 cup raisins, the oatmeal, cinnamon, lemon zest, ginger, nutmeg, salt and all spice until a dough forms.
- Then, gently pulse in the rest of the carrot, walnuts and raisins. In this way, you have a kind of chunky carrot cake.
- Place in a baking pan with baking paper and place in the freezer.
Cashew tofu cream cheese:
- 1.5 cup raw soaked cashews
- 1/3 cup melted coconut butter or oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Blend all these ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over the carrot cake and place back into the freezer.
- Before serving, let the cake thaw a bit.
I would love to see your recreations. Tag me @nourishingfoods to get featured! And I'd love if you leave a comment down below if you liked it.