This hearty and filling meal is full of plant protein. These chickpea crèpes are filled with delicious umami flavoured miso shiitake mushrooms, lentils, avocado, lettuce, baked pumpkin and tahini.
Prep time: 20 minutes
For the pancakes (4-5 pancakes):
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup milk or water. Milk makes it thicker and firm
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients together with a whisk.
- Heat up a pan to medium heat and pour about 1/4-1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the pan and spread out.
- Cook until bubbles start to form (this happens relatively quick). Flip them and cook another 1-2 minutes. Thats it!
- 350 grams shiitake mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Heat up a pan and add some oil or water.
- Fry the mushrooms with the miso paste and soy sauce.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
Now it is time to assemble. Fill the pancakes with the miso mushrooms and other preferred fillings. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram @nourishingfoods to get featured! Also I love if you leave comment down below sharing your favourite fillings.